Thursday, January 3, 2013

Overcoming "I can't"

I was very apprehensive about today's workout. Legs and back, P90X...

This was something I did not even fathom I could do much less was I going to attempt it! My plan was to walk or go back to the gym and cycle. However; the wife pushed me. She got me motivated to do it even if I could only do 1 or 2 reps. Just DO IT!

Needless to say I did do it, though deff not at any level I would say resembled what they were doing lol. Point is, I got through the 55 minute workout and it felt great.

Hit the shower and its time for second breakfast. I feel like a damn hobbit lol. I am eating every 2 hours or so it seems like but it is small portions of healthy food.

Even with going to Buffalo Wild Wings last night, by making healthy choices, I was able to stay just under 1000 net calories for the day. Now my BMR is 2244 so that's a big deficit, but because of the strength training and cardio each day I can eat 1000 to 1400 calories and still stay under my net goal of 1000.

What is a typical days food intake?
* 5 am: 1 cup of 1% milk and a packet of carnation essentials.

*Post workout: 2 scrambled egg whites and 4oz of grilled steak.

*About 10am I am hungry as hell again and I will have either some ham, half a can of tuna fish or some fruit.

*noonish: really depends here. Grilled chicken, some form of salad, or similar. . I try to stay under 200ish calories.

*2 or 3pm: another small snack. 50-100 calories. Nuts, lean meat, fruit.

*dinner: again this depends. At home, I can grill fish, pork, chicken ect. Add in some corn or a type of bean. Maybe another salad.

I personally have cut out anything except water to drink. However! I have found that after a month of no sweets and very low sugars, I can enjoy unsweetened tea. I pop 1 or 2 tea bags in my water bottles.

Eating healthy does not mean giving up flavor or taste!! Learn to use herbs and spices to add flavor or enhance the food you do eat.

Keep at it and never give up! You CAN find that sexier you! Small victories and goals are key. Yesterday I used a new hole on my belt! Small victory, but it made my day. At 5am when it is time to get up for that workout, that small belt hole motivated to get up and get moving!



My daily report from MyFitnessPal from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment